That's right! On Monday they will open up one half of the roadway and shut the other.
We've been talking it up all winter but now you can see how close the work is really getting. A roadway and sidewalk is completely finished! And the center will be open in just one month!
At 7 a.m. this Monday, May 3, the road between Moe’s Southwest Grill and GNC (in PPG Place) will reopen.
How to navigate:
1. drive down Forbes Ave.
2. turn left into Market Square by Moe’s Southwest Grill
3. continue past Primanti Brothers and PPG 2
4. turn left at GNC onto Forbes (towards Stanwix St.)
Pedestrians will have a great big sidewalk with trees and new street lights to enjoy.
As soon as that is open, the road you've been using all winter will be closed. But don't worry - there will be plenty of space for pedestrians to get to their favorite businesses!
1. The closure starts at Market Square Place (the former GC Murphy Building, now home to apartments and the YMCA), past the businesses on that side, over to Dunkin' Donuts.
2. Vehicles will not be able to turn from Fifth Ave onto Graeme and Market Streets (after all, where would you go?)
Although there are a bunch of road closures, pedestrians can go everywhere! (Well, not in the center but that's coming soon.) And the residents of Market Square Place will still be able to get into their garage below the building.
So heads up!
Stop by the Square on Monday afternoon for a taste of Downtown Pittsburgh's tree-lined piazza!