By now you know that a little bit of "Green Acres" comes to the Square every Thursday when the Farmers Market rolls into Downtown. But tomorrow's food fest brings an extra special harvest to Pittsburgh when the second annual Toyota Farm to Table Tour parks itself in the Square from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Along with all the familiar faces you'll see at the Farmers Market selling fresh produce, Greek goodies, fantastic flowers and more, the Tour will bring out some of the city's top chefs so that you can sample some of the most delectable dishes to come out of their kitchens — made with ingredients from our market. The menu du jour features these culinary masters:
• Kate Romane of the Enrico Biscotti Company
• Mark Swomley from The Carlton
• Ted Jude from The Fairmont Hotel's Habitat Restaurant
• Jason Capps of Market Square's Bella Sera Urban Trattoria
• Sonja Finn from Dinette
• Andrew Hebson of the Somona Grille
• Keith Fuller from Six Penn Kitchen
• Bill Fuller of the Big Burrito Group
And to make this mid-summer bounty of tasty treats even more enticing, you can test drive one of Toyota's three hybrid models and take home a special John Boos cutting board. They will also be giving away locally-grown fresh potted herbs to add a little zest and zing to your home cooked meals.
Check out the details at Toyota's Farm to Table site or at our site.